Thursday, August 5, 2010

We Have Moved!

We are in our new "Speech House" and are settling in. It has been a crazy week since last Thursday and the actual move. C&C Movers did a great job getting all of stuff transported over, including lots of storage cabinets and what seemed like millions of toys. I have never heard men laughing while moving anything, much less the kind of stuff we have, and in the kind of heat we have been having! It was refreshing to hear the laughing rather than complaints about all of the junk had husbands been the movers :o)

Our clients are giving lots of compliments on the place, which makes me smile. Amy, Debbie, and I concentrated on setting up our treatment rooms and the waiting area. I have even begun to decorate. I highly recommend Roomates Peel & Stick wall stickers; they are easy and cute. The rest of the building is a disaster area with boxes in various stages of unpacking. I must confess that I regularly rifle through a box looking for some item and leave a small tornado path of destruction behind me. Luckily this is all behind closed doors and the clients cannot see it.

Fencing is up. The painter is coming tomorrow to start the exterior. I am trying to pour water on my plants but they are still wilting from the heatwave. 'Nuf said... lots of work but I am getting excited about the long term prospects.

I have had to let go of a big school contract since I have no assistant to help with it. We will miss Kimberly as she goes off to grad school. I hope she will come back to us in a couple of years. I hate losing the contract but it will probably be for the best since this will allow me time to focus on the office and develop our new programs.

Well, that's the news for now. Maybe when I am settled I can add more to the blog.

No comments: